What do you do in a 4-H club meeting???

HorseChannel.com Message Board
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HorseChannel.com Forums » General Discussion » What do you do in a 4-H club meeting??? Join the Club

What do you do in a 4-H club meeting??? Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 7/27/2011 6:55:09 PM
Do you bring your horse and ride at the meeting place??? I know you learn horse conformation and watch demonstrations. But what else do you do??? And is their a website where you can find 4-H horse clubs that are close to you???

Owner of a 5 yr. old Paint Mare!!!

Offical Oct. 9, 2010 after 5 yrs. of waiting and dreaming!!!

Their is no greater love then a horse!!!      

Paint Horses Rock!!!

Post #336068
Posted 1/11/2011 6:12:14 PM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: 5/8/2013 7:45:29 PM
Again, it depends on you area. to find a club you'll need to call your extension office and they'll hook you up with someone.
Usually at your 4h meetings you just go (without your horse) and it's in a a building for about 30 minutes. You go over events happening and what you will be doing and what you have been doing (as a club), etc.
I suggest you find a club and hang out at one of their meetings just to see what they are like.

"The horse is made ready for the day of battle...but victory rests in the Lord!"
Post #336078
Posted 1/13/2011 1:59:23 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 5/26/2011 11:22:45 PM
Rockon (1/11/2011)
Do you bring your horse and ride at the meeting place???

No, you do not bring your horse. Just yourself and a parent/quardian.

I know you learn horse conformation and watch demonstrations. But what else do you do???

Again this depends on the club. Usually, they'll talk business as well. For example: ordering club t-shirts, community service, fundraisers, upcoming events, things your club wants to host, club insurance, etc.

And is their a website where you can find 4-H horse clubs that are close to you???

You should be able to google "4-H in city , state " If that doesn't work, look in the front pages of your phone book for a 4-H Extension office of some sort.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." — Maya Angelou 

"The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire."
— Sharon Lemon

"To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we have not deserved it."
— Marion Garretty

Post #336245
Posted 1/14/2011 2:12:22 PM

New MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew Member

Last Login: 11/23/2011 2:34:13 PM
I am in 4H, and we just talk over the events and fundraisers etc. of our club, at the meeting. We do not bring our horses... in fact, half of our members do not own horses. 4H is about helping the community, learning new things, and working with animals, and really doesn't have much to do with just Horses alone. Those of us who do, we go to a 4H horse camp in June (after the 2 other 4H camps. Older and Younger.). Then we ride in competitions in the county fair that we have. If you want to be involved in more 4h horse events, you'd probably want to look for a more "horsie" club. (Such as our county's clubs that are more involved with horses are Bits and Bridles 4H Club and Stillwell 4H Club.) In our club we have officers like the president, vice pres. secretary, and the treasurer. All of the members vote for them each year. I am the secretary. (: Then we have different officers who do different things. A year usually starts over in September and ends in July. Every club has one meeting each month. I really love 4H! I hope you will too.

To find one in your area, try going to this website: http://www.4-h.org/

[] I hope this helps you!(:

Post #336329
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, jasper, HC Editor, foreverpony, HCmod, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:10pm