Paso Finos

HorseChannel.com Message Board
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HorseChannel.com Forums » Horse Breeds » Paso Finos Join the Club

Paso Finos Expand / Collapse
Author

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 1/20/2013 2:31:27 PM
Yesterday, I finally saw my trainer and even got to see Gus[] Which I was super happy about!

Anyway, I was talking to my trainer, and she said that I can help her train some Paso Finos this summer. I've never actually worked with this breed, or even a gaited horse(I've ridden a Walker once or twice, but that's all my experience with a gaited horse). So, I was just wondering if you had any advice, thoughts, or stories about going from non-gaited to gaited, Paso Finos, or gaited horses in general.

Thanks[]

Credit goes to the Dooley for my avatar
 I'd rather own a horse that I enjoyed,
than 20 horses that couldn't do anything but earn me ribbons
~ MerryLittleMare ~ 

Horses able us to:
Fly without wings, Dance without music, Speak without words

Post #393335
Posted 4/15/2012 9:38:48 AM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: Today @ 2:31:08 AM
I've never really even rode a gaited horse..but i'm sure you could use the same methods on them,that you would use on a non-gaited horse.

Post #393346
Posted 4/16/2012 4:45:37 AM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 1/20/2013 2:31:27 PM
coltrule (4/15/2012)
I've never really even rode a gaited horse..but i'm sure you could use the same methods on them,that you would use on a non-gaited horse.

Yeah, probably, there shouldn't be a difference. But I was just thinking if people had experiences with gaited horses like that getting them to gait is hard or something...I don't really know...lol, I'm just super eexcited for this summer!

Credit goes to the Dooley for my avatar
 I'd rather own a horse that I enjoyed,
than 20 horses that couldn't do anything but earn me ribbons
~ MerryLittleMare ~ 

Horses able us to:
Fly without wings, Dance without music, Speak without words

Post #393564
Posted 4/16/2012 5:59:30 AM

Advanced Member

Last Login: Today @ 2:31:08 AM
I would be too! I think it'd be soo cool to work with a paso fino! I'm sorry i'm not much help..I don't know nothing on how to get there gaits haha

Post #393573
Posted 6/10/2012 11:20:57 PM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: 8/22/2013 6:01:06 PM
I leased a Paso mare a few years ago while my mare was on maternity leave. So. much. fun. Seriously, I loved every minute of riding her. I had never ridden a gaited horse before her so it was an experience, but I loved it. Its hard to describe but it is a lot different than riding your typical show horse (which is what I rode). She was very high strung, but not in a dangerous way. Just had a lot of energy and loved to go. God I miss that horse. I definitely will have a Paso in my barn someday

~*~*~*~

Kelsey & Sweetie

Sweet Zippin Chip "Sweetie"- 2002 AQHA mare       

Post #403639
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, jasper, HC Editor, foreverpony, HCmod, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:12am