Should I cut my miniature horses mane off for the summer?

HorseChannel.com Message Board
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HorseChannel.com Forums » General Discussion » Should I cut my miniature horses mane off for... Join the Club

Should I cut my miniature horses mane off for... Expand / Collapse
Should I cut my miniature horses mane off for...
Poll ResultsVotes
Yes
0%
No

100%
Member Votes: 3, Anonymous Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 4/3/2013 7:29:02 AM
Eowyn is going to be 2 years old in July--If I cut her mane off for the summer, would that be mean? Its so fluffy and I thought it might be too hot. Would it be better or worse for her? Or the same? Thanks!

Post #401937
Posted 6/4/2012 1:34:43 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 3/30/2014 12:56:26 PM
on one hand, it will be hot, on the other hand, it will protect her from bugs. therefor, its really not important because pros and cons are on both sides.
I will say, your pony looks so cute as a fluff ball that I would just leave it in and then sit there braiding it all day singing to birds in a beautiful purple gown. []

Post #401944
Posted 6/4/2012 2:55:00 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 4/18/2014 4:40:52 AM
We clipped the mini at our stable and I just keep his mane braided the whole time. It seems to help a bit. I leave about an inch or two at the bottom unbraided so he can still use it as a fly whisk. So, no, I wouldn't cut it. Mini's are cute with their afros!!!

~Banner by E. Rider~

~Proudly owned by an 11 year old TWH/Paint gelding~

Please visit Pal's page:

http://www.horsechannel.com/blog/ViewBio.aspx?apid=219391

Post #401990
Posted 6/4/2012 3:02:52 PM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 12/10/2013 12:38:20 PM
I used to care for a mini at the barn i used to take lessons at. (I worked for lessons) In the summer we clipped her, and did this "french braid" on her mane. it was neat and it kept her cool. If you cant get what I mean, I will post a pic of a finished braid on a toy horse, or a video of me doing one on the toy horse if you want.

DD and Jazzi

Post #401999
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, jasper, HC Editor, foreverpony, HCmod, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:19am