Pi's 2nd Cowhorse Show - Pix in Post #3

HorseChannel.com Message Board
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HorseChannel.com Forums » Western Riding » Pi's 2nd Cowhorse Show - Pix in Post #3 Join the Club

Pi's 2nd Cowhorse Show - Pix in Post #3 Expand / Collapse
Author

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 8:45:47 PM
Pi's 2nd cowhorse show was on Sunday (7/28). We went up to Matt's on Saturday for a lesson and got some good things going and got to work the flag. We also worked the flag with Star. Had a nice ride home, except Star fell in a gohper hole and was crawling for about 4 steps before she could get herself up. Thankfully she was OK.

Was up at 3:30 am to get out of the house by 5 (almost was not enough time) so I could get to the show grounds by 6. It was supposed to be over 100 and I wanted to get one of the few shade spots, which I did. Shade for me and the horses! Pi was really really really good - no lippizan antics except one short one. Rest of the time she was tied, she tied quietly.

First up was Star and I in Reining. She was not mentally there all day and she really did NOT want to spin in the show pen. She would outside, but not in. She was also anticipating the lead changes, so we scored a measley 65.

Rode Pi in the warm up pen a few hours before the class. I was 6th in the go on Star and 9th in the go on Pi (the very LAST horse in the last class). Which meant I had no real time to warm Pi up before class. Star was still NOT mentally there in the reining portion, so we scored a 64. Hopefully next show she'll be better. On our cow she got a 67, I thought she did better than that on the cow & was very happy with her cowwork, so didn't really care what she scored.

A few friends hung around to watch Pi and I. She was VERY distracted in reining and I almost screwed up the pattern (I manage to eek it out, but no doubt was penalized heavily for it, LOL), so we scored a 61. Still it's an improvement over the 60 we got last time!

Then we called for our cow and I tell you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE her on the cow! She is NOT agressive, she does NOT want to play - it is serious business to her and she is there to work. She was so in tune with that cow that she was stopping and turning with it at all times. It was awesome and fun to ride! So her 2nd show with no cow practice and not having seen a cow since last show, she scored a 67! Tied with Star!! And improved over last's show's 66.

Since I ambroke and have no $$ for cow practice, we have to make due with flag practice at Matt's. It certainly helps, but I bet with cow practice, she'll be scoring in the 70's! It won't be long before she is beating Star on the cow ... & hopefully I'll be able to get her to be a little more attentive in the reining portion of the class.

It was hot and HUMID all day. My truck said it was 104 when we left the grounds at 3:30 pm. It was 88 when I gothome. I spent all afternoon with my cold chilli pad around my neck and a bottle of water almost always in my hand, so I did OK in the heat. There are a few pix I'll grab from FB later, none really exciting though, LOL.
Post #483679
Posted 7/30/2013 1:04:45 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: Today @ 8:11:35 AM
Wow, that is absolutely amazing Kew! Congrats with Pi! As for Star, it's okay, we all have "off" days! Next show will be better yet! Can't wait to see the pics!

Post #483680
Posted 7/30/2013 7:04:52 PM

Advanced Member

Ah, thanks so much!! I'm really excited about her. Yea, I'll give Star her off day; hopefully she'll do better the next few shows.

Here are some pix:

Star and I Waiting to start:

Our 2nd large fast circle

Pi and I in Our 1st large fast circle

2nd Large Fast Circle

Starting our first run down to a stop

Cow!!

Post #483735
Posted 7/31/2013 5:45:07 PM

Advanced Member

Last Login: Today @ 8:46:06 PM
I want to write your horse a love song.....

If you keep doing the same thing, you'll keep getting the same thing.

Post #483907
Posted 7/31/2013 8:12:48 PM

Advanced Member

She would love to hear it. And come to think of it, I wouldn't be opposed to hearing it either.
Post #483969
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, jasper, HC Editor, foreverpony, HCmod, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:12pm